Blogger Templates

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I *heart* Floyd

What can I say??!! I have the BEST cat... I just so love him... Floyd is a very unique and special cat to me... I hold all my pets very dear to my heart... they have all had special charateristics that just will forever be a part of me...
I met Floyd while volunteering with Forgotten Cats at Petsmart
His "story" was that he supposedly was found in an empty apartment... Left all alone and had injured himself trying to get out... and because of some cuts on him.. the shelter named him Ripley... yeah... he is sooooooo not a Ripley... he is a Floyd... The name just popped in my head while watching him walk around my apartment...
Well, it was my FIRST day with this group... I walked in and they were awesome with their care for these lost/forgotten or abused cats... As I was leaving, the ladies said they were in need of an emergency foster giver for Floyd because he wasn't getting along with the other cats and needs to have more exercise etc ... well, next thing I know... he's in my apartment... He's a lover and caregiver.. at the time I had a very sick dalmation... Angel... and I KNOW he extended her life and made it much more pleasureable for her in the end... The first time I walked into the bedroom and saw them sleeping together.. I knew he wasn't going back to the shelter.. he was the newest addition... When Angel died, I thought I was going to lose him too. He wouldn't eat, he was very lathargic and he just kept searching for Angel. It broke my heart...

Well, here he goes again :) ... Maxx has athritis pretty bad in his right hip as a result of a dog bite... He was having a really bad flare up so we had given his medicine.. he laid down on the couch and yes we covered him up ... he likes that...
I leave the room and come back in and what do I see??? yes, Floyd... laying on the sore hip... Maxx didn't get upset or anything... he let Floyd lay like that until he decided on his own to leave...What a compassionate cat...
And, he gets along just fine with my other family members.. :)
He and Sheba are best friends

Here are some other special pictures...
Doesn't he look so intellegent? :)

Seeing snow for his first time

First view of our fireplace at the time

He's an indoor cat but I tried to get him some fresh air above and beyond the windows being open... by trying the leash method... did it work.. absolutely not
he hated it!!!

although he did love being outside... still on a leash.. PEEK A BOO

I just love him sooooo much

No comments:

Post a Comment