Blogger Templates

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm married to a firefighter now ;)

Nate is still looking for full time employment since his lay off... we've talked often about this being a perfect opportunity for him to find something he has always been interested in and give it a shot.... He's always talked about wanting to be someone who does water rescue with EMT certification.... I'm so proud of him... I came home from work one night and he said.. "I did it, I'm taking that leap"... He did alot of research and found that there were not many fire companies which participated in the water rescue... he found one in DE though... and they voted him in!!!!
taken with his cell... I'm so jealous... he did a great job... got the fire truck in it perfectly... it was his first day... he looks so nervous... hehehehe

For a bit it will be volunteer... he has in-house training one night a week officially and then when he goes daily to the station he is learning the entire time he's there.... In October he will start his official fire schooling... and not too long after he will start his training for EMT and water rescue... eventually it will lead to a paying job...
My Dad was a policeman and now my hubby is a fireman.. I LOVE IT

1 comment: