Blogger Templates

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chick Flicks and reality

Typically, I just don't like watching "chick flicks" .... I think they can set a false expectation of reality.  Really???
Yes, I know movies are movies and not reality... after all, I'm not watching a documentary... I'm an adult, I know this... yet still, I believe it can plant the seed... and start the questionings... could it really be like that??? Really? 
Then the comparison start... reality vs the movie and the questioning of why isn't it like that??? Why can't it be like that???
I count my blessings every single day and I try and learn from my faults every day... I've done alot of growing,( and aging ) lately ......yet, I still hold the hope of what I am wanting, and needing... and the questioning of not necessarily why isn't my life like "that" but why can't I seem to make things happen or find my right direction ..... I don't dwell on the feelings when I get them... sometimes I'll just escape and watch the unrealistic movies... and sometimes the timing is perfect and I just sit back and enjoy the escape from reality....
I'm doing just that... watching "Love Happens" ... so far so good... I hope after watching the entire "flick" that I still have "feel good" feelings... I don't know... maybe it's just the soundtrack that I'm enjoying...

What is your opinion?

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XInj3WyRerI&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment