Blogger Templates

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Emily & Memorial 89 Slaughter Beach Fire Department

Nate is doing really well with his Firefighting Training.... Which I will blog some updates about that in my next post... Firefighters like Policemen develop a "family" unity due to the nature of the job.... His department has taken me on board as their photographer... It's nice to have the oppourtunity to use my camera since I can't seem to get out there and take many pictures anymore... Within this "family" bond it has also given me the oppurutnity to practice portrait taking as well... I'm not taking this pictures as a professional obviously but as a hobbiest... It's a great time... and I'm learning in the process...
...
Here is Emily.... she is a senior in high school this year and was wanting some outdoor "senior" pictures... I don't know how to really do that so we found a compromise.... I'll photographer her as part of my learning and she can keep all the pics... I know we will be getting together alot more...  :)
Slaughter Beach is a very special place for Emily.  She has been a part of that location all her life.  Her father is the Deputy Chief at the station.
The majority of these shots are very "typical"... the more Emily and I grow to know each other, the more artistic flare and personalization will be able to be added to the photo's.... Here are a few on the beach




Then we started to move across the street to take some with Engine 2...

Now to Engine 2.... I started to lose my lighting... and now have learned throughout all this, I need to invest in a reflector.... I love how much I'm learning thanks to Emily  :)


                        I know this one is blurry but there is just something about this picture that I just love

Here she is on top of Engine 2 with her Dad's helmet




She wanted some pictures with the sunset behind her... LOL... although these pictures turned out NOTHING like she wanted... it was sooooo much fun... Please pardon the blurriness, I'm working on it :)






No comments:

Post a Comment